WHY START RUNNING?
Running is one of the best butt-kicking, calorie-blasting workouts there is, not only does it help build strong bones, it strengthens muscles, improves cardiovascular fitness and helps maintain a healthy weight.
Here are a few reasons why you should start running;
- One of the reasons people pick up running is that its less expensive than most sports. All you need for running is a good kit and you are good to go.
2. from burning loads of calories to giving you extra fat burning energy, running makes it easy for you to keep on top of your weight. The more calories you burn, the slimmer you are. if you are short of time, try interval training which increases the energy demands of the heart and the ventilatory muscles in the lungs.
3. Eat more carbs. what could be better than having an excuse to eat more carbs? During intense training such as preparing for a race, increasing your carb intake can help your performance and boost your mood during long distance runs.
4.Running helps you live longer. it has been found that runners remain active longer than their sedentary counterparts, even as weekly running times decrease with age, their health benefits remain.
5. Runners buzz with metabolism-boosting energy. Once you get into running, you will find you have got more energy as the body produces energy promoting neurotransmitters.
6. Boost Memory-Exercise has been shown to help keep the mind sharp. Research has found that running might also reduce symptoms of dementia and protects the brain against Alzheimer’s, even for those with a family history of it.
7.Running helps you get a natural glow-did you know that working up a sweat can rid your poles of the gunk and clogs which leads to breakouts? A sweaty session can boost natural oils, keeping things fresh and healthy.
8. Core work-A strong core improves posture, strengthens limbs and helps make everyday activities a breeze. Running engages your midsection, strengthening those all-important muscles. A solid core can improve performance.
9.Running increases your energy boost- Running has been found to increase energy and decrease fatigue and also helps encourage higher quality sleep.
10.People who run for just an hour a week can reduce their risk of heart disease by almost half compared to non-runners. Not only does running boost the brain’s serotonin levels, regular exercise might actually remodel the brain, making it calmer and more stress resistant.Running regularly also helps improve stamina, making workouts more enjoyable and productive.
So invest in some trainers and clock up those miles. To help you improve your sport, map your routes, track your progress and happy running. 🙂