This tasty soup is packed with nutritional benefits making it perfect for post-run recovery.
- 500g sweet potatoes.
- 1 red onion.
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds.
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- olive oil.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 1/2 fresh red chilli.
- 1/2 bunch of fresh coriander.
- 80g red lentils
- 750ml vegetable stock.
- 300ml light coconut milk.
- 1/2 lemon.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/gas 4.
- Rinse, peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 2cm pieces and cut the onion into thick wedges.
- Place the onions and sweet potatoes in a baking tray and sprinkle with cumin seeds,ground coriander and salt and pepper, before drizzling with olive oil and tossing.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 mins, or until golden and tender.
- Peel and finely slice the garlic and chilli. Finely slice the coriander stalks and reserve the leaves.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a heavy based saucepan, over a medium heat, add the garlic, chilli and coriander stalks. Heat through for a min or until golden brown.
- Add the lentils to the pan and stir to coat in the spices and oil. Pour in the hot stock and coconut milk.
- Slowly bring to the boil, before turning down to a simmer and cooking the lentils for around 20 mins or until soft.
- When ready,remove the vegetables from the oven and carefully spoon into the pan.
- Add the coriander leaves and blitz the soup with a stick blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add a squeeze of lemon, and return to the heat before serving.
E N J O Y 🙂