This wholesome meal is ideal for chilly winter evenings after a long run or simply as comfort food foe those chilly days. It’s packed with healthy fats and complex carbohydrates needed to fuel the body.
- 1 tbsp cumic powder.
- 1 tbsp coriander powder.
- 1 tsp turmic.
- 1 tsp cumic seeds.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped.
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped.
- 1 medium cauliflower, stemmed and cut into bite-size florets.
- 400g chopped kale.
- 2 tsp ginger paste.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil.
- 1 red chilli, chopped and deseeded.
- saves 4 (depending on portions :-)).
- In a medium heavy based pan, warm the coconut oil briefly over a medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and stir until they start to ‘pop’.
- Adding the onions, cook for another minute, before adding the tomatoes. cook through for a few more minutes and stir.
- Continue to cook through until the tomatoes have softened.
- Stir the rest of the ingredients into the pan and cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper.
- spoon the stew into serving bowls and enjoy with rice :-).